The following is a summary of how this medical practice collects health information about you and stores it in a chart and on a computer. This is your medical record. The medical record is the property of this medical practice, but the information in the medical record belongs to you as the patient. Except as described, but not limited to the below, this practice will not use or disclose any of your health information without your written authorization. The law may require us to use or disclose your health information only for the following purposes:
- Treatment. For the purpose of sharing your medical information with my employees and other health practitioners involved in your care.
- Health Care Operations. Other health care providers, health care clearinghouses or health plans that have a relationship with you.
- Appointment Reminders. To contact and remind you about appointments.
- Notification and Communication. As indicated to share information with your family.
- Education. We may contact you to give you information about products or services related to your treatment.
- Required by Law. When the law requires us to report abuse, neglect or domestic violence.
- Public Health. To disclose your health information to public health authorities for purposes related to: preventing or controlling disease, injury or disability.
- Judicial and Administrative. As expressly ordered by a court.
- Law Enforcement. For purposes such as identifying or locating a suspect or fugitive.
- Worker’s Compensation. We may disclose your health information as necessary to comply with worker’s compensation laws.
For complete and detailed HIPPA documents, please call our office and we will email these to you.